Mint and Chocolate Cookie Mousse
This mousse is like a light and fluffy version of mint chocolate chip ice cream - only better! It uses crushed Oreo style cookies instead of chocolate chips. Serve in parfait glasses or piled high in some of my smaller temp-tations® dishes. - Tara
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 (3.5-ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 cups milk
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies(like Oreos), crushed
- In an electric mixer, or using a hand mixer in a large mixing bowl, beat cream and confectioners sugar until peaks are forming and it's nearly whipped cream. Transfer this mixture to a 2.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish.
- Using the mixer once again, beat together pudding mix, peppermint extract and milk, until the mixture is nice and thick.
- Gently fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream mixture in the baking dish, and then fold in crushed chocolate sandwich cookies..
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Spoon into individual dishes to serve, topping each with 1 whole chocolate sandwich cookie.