Individual Raspberry Peach Cakes
- 2 large peaches, peeled & sliced
- 16 raspberries, halved
- 1/4 cup Turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter bottom of each muffin cup & sprinkle with Turbinado sugar.
- Arrange raspberries and peach slices in bottom of each muffin cup until bottom is fully covered.
- Cream butter, sugar and salt thoroughly. Add in the egg and beat until light and fluffy then add in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour and baking powder.
- On low speed, add dry ingredients to butter mixture in three parts alternating with milk, beat after each addition.
- Put 1/2 cup of batter on top of peaches and raspberries in each muffin cup.
- Bake 25 - 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.