Homemade Lemon Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar
- orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches), optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat flour, butter, and confectioners' sugar until blended. Press onto bottom of an ungreased temp-tations® 1.5 quart square baker. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice, extract, baking powder and salt until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 10 - 15 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool completely in dish on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, sprinkle with orange peel strips.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!