Herbed Feta Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter cold
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, cold
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a temp-tations 13x9 Lid-it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and herbes de Provence in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cubed butter, and cut in with a pastry blender or two forks, until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and 1 egg. Pour over the butter-flour mixture. Gently fold in until just absorbed.
- Fold in the feta.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 6-8 times. Pat out into a rough rectangle, about 1/2-inch thick. Cut into 16 triangles and lay on your Lid-it.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining egg and 1 Tablespoon of water. Brush over the tops of the biscuits.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden. Set aside to cool.