Hash Brown Nests with Portobellos and Eggs
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 cups chopped fresh portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- additional minced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Press 1/4 cup hash browns onto the bottom and up the sides of each cup in two greased temp-tations® 6 cup muffin pans; set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and shallots in butter until tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, basil and cayenne.
- Divide eggs among potato-lined muffin cups. Top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Serve warm.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!
Tell us what you think!