Ginger Snap Pumpkin Pie
This is a delicious pie that's perfect for serving at holiday gatherings, and it features all of the wonderful flavors of the season - ginger, cinnamon, pumpkin and nutmeg. And the ginger snap crust is a great alternative to more traditional crusts! - Tara
- 1 (16-ounce) box of ginger snap cookies
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoonscinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the Crust, pulse ginger snaps in a food processor until crumbs form. Add melted butter, almond extract and cinnamon. Mix well. Pour into a temp-tations® pie dish, evenly pressing on bottom and sides of dish. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and cool.
- To make the Filling, blend together pumpkin and cream cheese until smooth. Add in all remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to pie shell. Lay foil loosely around edges to prevent burning.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15-25 minutes more, or until center is set.