German Beer Mac N’ Cheese
- 1/2 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 ounces German beer
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 slices crisp bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fill a medium sauce pan 2/3 full with water. Bring to a boil and add pasta and a dash of salt. Boil to al dente; 11 - 13 minutes. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat melt 1/4 cup butter. Whisk in flour and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in beer, milk, dry mustard and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in cream cheese until completely melted. Whisk in remaining cheeses.
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta. Pour into your temp-tations® 1.5 quart baker.
- Combine melted butter and Panko in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the mac n' cheese along with crumbled bacon, if desired.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot.