Fly the Flag Frozen Layered Dessert
This dessert is simple and yet so impressive! Raspberry or strawberry sorbet layered with a frozen vanilla pudding mixture creates a cool and creamy concoction. Get creative with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and whipped topping, and you'll have a patriotic masterpiece everyone will love. - Tara
- 1 pint (2 cups) raspberry or strawberry sorbet, softened
- 1 (1-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 (8-ounce) tubs whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh blueberries, raspberries and Sliced strawberriesfor decorating
- Canned whipped topping for decorating, optional
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Line a 9x5, 1.5-quart temp-tations® loaf pan with heavy duty aluminum foil so that the foil hangs over all four sides of pan.
- Spoon softened sorbet into the foil-lined loaf pan, spreading to create an even layer. Freeze 10 minutes or longer.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl with whisk for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 tub of thawed whipped topping till smooth. Spread mixture over sorbet to create an even layer. Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Carefully unmold the loaf pan onto a Lid-It®. The loaf pan should easily release from the foil. Remove foil.
- Workly quickly, use the 2nd tub of thawed whipped topping to spread an even layer across top of dessert, or if you'd like, over the entire dessert top and sides.
- Create a flag design on top of dessert by using blueberries as stars and lines of raspberries as stripes. If desired, use canned whipped topping to create flourishes along edges, and place sliced strawberries along bottom edges.
- Dessert should be softened slightly and ready for slicing and serving.