Easy Tex-Mex Casserole
This super simple, Easy Tex-Mex Casserole is a favorite of mine! It always receives rave reviews, comes together in a snap, and is very adaptable – you can change or alter the ingredients based on your family’s preferences. It's similar to a 7-layer dip, in that it’s built one layer over another. - Tara
- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups instant brown rice, cooked
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoeswith lime juice and cilantro, such as Rotel®, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a temp-tations® 9" pie dish with cooking spray. Arrange cooked brown rice in a layer on bottom of pie dish.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, onion, chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add can of diced tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Spoon turkey mixture over rice. Then top turkey mixture with corn. Carefully spread refried beans over corn with a spatula. Sprinkle cheese over refried beans.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; top with chopped tomato and green onions.