Easy Lemon Sheet Cake
This is a really delicious, super moist cake with a lot of lemon flavor. Mom and I often take it to get-togethers, and because there's never any left, I wanted to be sure to include this favorite of ours. - Tara
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice, well shaken
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice, well shaken
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 4-quart temp-tations® dish with nonstick cooking spray. Dust the pan with flour, knocking out any excess. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the butter, sugar, and oil together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes; scraping down the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add the eggs and yolks one at a time, waiting until each addition is fully incorporated and scraping down the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice and yogurt together and set aside. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt together, and on low speed, add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl in three additions, alternating by adding the lemon juice/yogurt mixture, and beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Scrape down the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Beat on medium speed for a few seconds more, until batter is smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared dish and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the glaze: whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together. Using a toothpick, poke holes in the warm cake and coat with glaze. Let the cake come to room temperature before slicing with a sharp paring knife and serving.