Dutch Apple Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased temp-tations® 9 inch pie plate; set aside.
- Combine the sugar; cornstarch and water in a large pot until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 - 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add apples and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Loosely cover edges of pie with foil. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown, removing foil during the last 15 minutes of baking. Cool on a wire rack.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!