Derby Day Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix
- eggs and oil for brownie mix
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup butter, soft
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray your temp-tations® 8 x 8 baker with non-stick spray.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour batter in your baker and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then poke the top all over with a toothpick. Sprinkle bourbon all over the top. Set aside to cool completely.
- For the frosting, place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend until fluffy and pale in color. Slowly blend in salt, bourbon and vanilla.
- Blend in powdered sugar, adding in more bourbon if needed to reach a thick and creamy consistency.
- Spread over cooled brownies and cover the top with sprinkles if desired.