“Dad’s Favorite” Scotch Hash
Many nationalities have a version of this simple and tasty ground beef dish that is similar to a ground beef stroganoff. This was my father's favorite recipe. I love the slight kick from the curry powder that infuses into the meat as it bakes.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté ground beef, curry powder, salt, and pepper until beef is almost entirely browned.
- Add onion and continue cooking until onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over top and then pour in beef broth. Stir all to combine.
- Transfer to a 2.5 quart temp-tations® baking dish and bake for 55 - 60 minutes, or until bubbly and thickened.