Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the apples, onion and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic and curry; cook 1 minute longer. Add pumpkin and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil).
- Remove from heat; cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt. Serve with sandwiches on temp-tations® soup & sandwich set.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!
Tell us what you think!