Crumb-topped Pasta with Pancetta and Spinach
Your temp-tations® and your microwave are great kitchen partners.
- 4 oz. French bread
- 6 oz. pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. tube shaped pasta – cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse bread in food processor to form coarse bread crumbs – set aside.
- In 2.5-qt. temp-tations® dish, microwave the pancetta and shallots on high for 3 minutes.
- Dissolve flour in half & half and stir in milk.
- Add this to Pancetta mixture and microwave an additional 3 minutes, stirring after each minute until slightly thickened.
- Stir in spinach, pasta, cheese, salt & pepper.
- Add melted butter to crumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with a green salad.
Tell us what you think!