Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (24 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (20 ounce) package three-cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot carefully add in onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, rosemary, salt, pepper, chicken stock and heavy cream.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tortellini and cook for another 15 minutes or until tortellini is cooked through.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.