Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach Pasta Bake
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach Pasta Bake is a delicious, make-ahead, freezer-friendly dish that can be put together with what you’ve got on hand. - Tara
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced, jarred sun-dried tomatoes in oil, plus 2 tablespoons sliced, for topping
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pasta to a 2-quart temp-tations® baker. Add the onion mixture, diced sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, Alfredo sauce, salt and crushed red pepper to baker. Stir to combine well.
- Top the casserole with sun-dried tomato slices. Cover with foil or temp-tations Lid-it® and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.