Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a temp-tations® 2 quart mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cranberries (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, with lightly floured hands, shape each half into a 10 x 2 1/2-in. rectangle. Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!