Corn with Spiced Chili Pepper Mayonnaise
Who doesn’t love street vendor food? This particular dish is called “elote” in Mexico, and it’s a great family dish. The combination of pepper and chilies gives the corn a smoky, sweet, spicy kick, and I love anything with mayo!
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 or 3 jarred roasted bell peppers (about 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/4 cup grated Cotija cheese (or another grating cheese, such as Parmesan)
- Pinch sweet paprika
- In a large 12-inch skillet over high heat, bring 1 cup of water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Add corn, cover, and reduce heat to medium-high. Steam until water is evaporated and corn is tender and bright yellow, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine mayonnaise, red bell peppers, adobo sauce, and lime zest. Process until smooth.
- Remove corn to Lid-It® and skewer with temp-tations® corn skewers.
- Spread mayo mixture on corn to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika and serve hot.