Chubby Hubby Bars
For an all-time Father’s Day favorite, try these aptly-named Chubby Hubby Bars. They’re sweet, salty and totally yummy! Featuring chocolate chips, crushed pretzels, and peanut butter chips, these bars – if you’re not careful – will live up to their name! – Tara
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pretzels
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 4 quart temp-tations® baker with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed until mixture is fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture and beat just until incorporated.
- Stir in the chunky peanut butter, chocolate chips and pretzel pieces, and spread the batter evenly in the baker.
- Sprinkle the peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and pretzel pieces on top, and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.
Tara’s Tidbits™: Lining the baker with foil allows you to lift and remove the contents in one big piece, making it easier to then cut the bars neatly and evenly on a cutting board. For a nicer presentation, put the cut bars back into the temp-tations® baker and serve.