Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, soft
- 1/4 cup butter, soft
- 1 1/2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place beer, melted butter and one tablespoon of vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low until combined.
- Mix in eggs and sour cream until smooth.
- Add in cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix on low, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line your temp-tations® cupcake pan with paper liners. You will have to bake these in multiple batches. Fill each liner 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- For the frosting, blend the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla and mix well.
- Pour in powdered sugar and heavy cream. Start mixer on low until sugar is fully incorporated; then increase speed until frosting is smooth. Add more heavy cream if needed.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto each cooled cupcake.