Chocolate Chip Banana Quick Bread
Moist and delicious, this Chocolate Chip Banana Quick Bread will wow friends and family. A simple chocolate glaze takes it over the top! - Tara
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Glaze (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a temp-tations® 1.7 quart loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a temp-tations® mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Cream together egg and sugar in a separate large temp-tations® mixing bowl.
- Stir mashed bananas, vanilla and oil into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Fold flour mixture and chocolate chips into the banana mixture, until just combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, smoothing top with a spoon.
- Bake 60-75 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk the confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, milk, vanilla and salt in a temp-tations® bowl. Pour over the cooled bread and let set, 15 to 20 minutes.