Broccoli and Cheddar Mashed Potato Bake
- 4 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups chopped broccoli, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions, and place in a 2 quart temp-tations® baking dish.
- In a large skillet, saute butter, onion and garlic for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add broccoli and cook 2 minutes longer or until crisp and tender.
- Pour broccoli mixture over mashed potatoes in baking dish and add milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir all until combined, smooth and creamy.
- Top with Cheddar cheese and bake 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned. Serve hot.