- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup turbinado (washed raw) sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Transfer to a temp-tations® 2 quart baker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto blackberry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!
Tell us what you think!