Bet You Can’t Have Just One Nacho
This popular Tex-Mex dish can be made quickly to serve as a snack or prepared with more ingredients to make a full meal. Great for game day! - Tara
- 8 cups tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 12 ounces lean ground beef, ground turkey, or diced chicken
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese mix
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place half of the tortilla chips into a 4-quart temp-tations® dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and cook onions until they become soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and taco seasoning to skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until meat is cooked through and crumbled, about 5 minutes. Gently stir in the beans and cook until warm.
- Top the chips with half of the ground beef mixture, half of the cheese, and half of the jalapeños. Repeat with the remaining chips, beef, cheese and jalapeños.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Serve with salsa and a large dollop of sour cream.