Basil Pesto Salmon
I love pesto sauce and use it in several recipes throughout my first cookbook. This quick and easy Basil Pesto Salmon includes a recipe for homemade pesto sauce. Of course, you can also substitute a small jar of store-bought pesto to make this dish even quicker! - Tara
Fish and Vegetables:
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 portions salmon fillets, about 1 1/2 pounds, skinless
- 1 packed cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place squash, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a 3-quart temp-tations® baking dish, and toss all to coat.
- Place salmon fillets over vegetables in baking dish, and squeeze lemon juice over all.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all Pesto ingredients, pulsing until a fine paste forms. (Or, skip this step and use store-bought pesto.)
- Spread pesto sauce evenly over the top of the salmon fillets. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until salmon is flaky and vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.