Bananas Foster Oatmeal
Why eat instant oatmeal when you can cook a breakfast like this from traditional oats and real bananas in less than 5 minutes? All you need is temp-tations® and your microwave! - Tara
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats (non-instant oatmeal)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Peel and dice banana and place in a 1.5-quart temp-tations® mixing bowl or baking dish.
- Cover with remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Microwave on high 4 1/2 minutes, or until oatmeal is very bubbly. Carefully remove from microwave (dish will be very hot!) and stir well.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. Serves 2-4, depending on portion size.