Banana Nut Muffins
Whenever I have bananas that are on the verge of turning brown, I put them in a food storage bag and freeze them. Then, when I'm ready to make a few batches of muffins like these, I thaw them out. Bananas tend to get more flavorful as they turn brown, so don't throw them away, make muffins! - Tara
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large banana
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a temp-tations® 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine banana, butter, milk, egg, and vanilla extract, pulsing just until banana is finely chopped.
- In a separate large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, and then slowly fold in banana mixture until a batter is formed.
- Pour an equal amount of the batter into each of the 6 greased muffin cups. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out mostly clean.