This is a quick and easy recipe that never fails to please! Balsamic vinegar adds a beautiful dark color and sweet taste to the tomato based spread. Served alongside toasted Italian bread, it's a very simple, yet elegant, appetizer. - Tara
- 1 loaf sliced Italian bread, each slice cut in half
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup jarred pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange bread in a single layer at the bottom of a 4-quart temp-tations® baker or on a temp-tations® Lid-It®.
- Bake bread 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a temp-tations® mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, pesto, Parmesan cheese, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss gently and let marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon of the tomato spread onto each slice of toast, arranging on a temp-tations® Lid-It® or platter. Or, serve the tomato spread in a temp-tations® EZ Hold, alongside the toasted bread, so that guests can serve themselves.