Apple Pie Fries
- 1 (double crust) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (10 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- caramel topping, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray your temp-tations® Lid-it® with non-stick spray.
- Bring pie crust to room temperature and lay on a lightly floured work surface. Unfold or roll out flat.
- Place pie filling in a food processor and pulse a few times until apple chunks are in small pieces. Spread over one crust, leaving a 1/4-inch borer around the edge. Lay second crust on top and press down gently.
- Cut into 1/3-inch strips and then into "French fry" sized pieces. Arrange in a single layer on your Lid-it®.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg. In a separate bowl whisk the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and sugar.
- Brush the "fries" with egg and then sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with caramel sauce if desired.
Tell us what you think!