Apple Dessert Pizza
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon cinnamon1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 green apples thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup butter, room temp1 1/2 cups powdered sugar1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- For the crust, place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend on high for 1 minute or until light in color.
- Add in the sugar, egg and vanilla and blend on medium speed until well combined. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Slowly blend in flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Don't skip this step!
- While the dough is in the refrigerator spread the walnuts on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes to toast. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray your temp-tations pizza stone with non-stick spray.
- Press down chilled dough onto the stone to form a large flat circle, leaving a 2-inch space between the edge of the crust and the edge of the stone.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool completely before adding the topping.
- For the topping place the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Blend in powdered sugar, vanilla and 1/4 cup of caramel sauce. Spread all over cooled crust.
- Arrange apple slices in a circle pattern on top.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce and toasted walnuts. Slice and serve or refrigerate for up to 3 days.