Amy’s Turkey Chili
This is a great, versatile recipe my best friend likes to prepare any time of the day or any day of the week. It can be served in sourdough bread bowls or your smaller temp-tations® dishes or soup crocks for a casual weekend get-together. - Tara
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese blend
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips or corn chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and cook red onion and green bell pepper until vegetables soften, 6 to 8 minutes. Add ground turkey and continue to cook until no longer pink, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, chili flakes, cumin and salt to combine. Divide chili mixture between four of any of the following types of small dishes: temp-tations® soup crocks, mini pie dishes, EZ Hold ramekins or small casseroles. Bake in oven covered, until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each bowl of chili with cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese melts. Serve warm with sour cream and chips, if desired.