Amy’s Chili Mac
This kid (and adult!) friendly recipe by my best friend Amy is so easy to throw together, even though it starts with preparing your own homemade chili. If you've got an hour, you've got dinner...and probably a nice amount of leftovers for lunch the next day! - Tara
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- Boil elbow macaroni for 2 minutes less than stated in package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a 4-quart temp-tations® baking dish. (Rectangular is best.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add ground beef and onions to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown well, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except cheese, to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour chili mixture over macaroni in baking dish and stir, until everything is completely incorporated. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and top with Cheddar Jack cheese. Return to oven and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is very bubbly and beginning to brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.